K-LASER treatment is the painless, surgery-free and drug-free application of laser energy to promote increased circulation by drawing oxygen and nutrients to the affected area. This helps to create an optimal healing environment, which can help to reduce inflammation, swelling, stiffness and pain.
There are multiple benefits of laser therapy. Here are 6 benefits of laser treatment for dogs, cats, and horses:
1. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: The cell soft tendons, ligaments, bone, nerves, and muscles are repaired faster.
2. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates the recovery of open wounds, scars, and burns.
3. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery by inducing production of more normal type-1 collagen.
4. Analgesia: Laser treatment has a highly beneficial effect on nerve cells which block pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and which decreases nerve sensitivity.
5. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light will speed up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
6. Trigger Points and Acupressure Points: Laser therapy reduces muscle trigger points and stimulates acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.