Laser therapy for cats is a non-invasive treatment that utilizes advanced medical technology for a pain-free treatment. Since this is a non-surgical and no-drug-inducement treatment, it treats your little one in a more natural manner.
What makes laser therapy for cats a great treatment method is that this treatment targets mitochondria in the cells through the laser light. Mitochondria is responsible for generating energy into the cells, and through the laser light, the mitochondria produce energy in your pet’s cells. This allows the cells to perform as per usual, allowing the cells to self-heal.
Everything You Need to Know About Laser Therapy for Cats
What Does Laser Therapy for Cats Do?
As mentioned, laser therapy for cats promotes a natural cell regeneration with a laser-focused treatment. The cells receive a ‘kick’, which gets them to function and work like they normally would, generating a healthy regeneration.
The main goal of laser therapy for cats is to rid your pet off of any pain. It does so in three main ways:
- It prompts the lymphatic drainage system with vasodilation i.e. opening the blood vessels to decrease inflammation
- It triggers nerve cells that hinder pain signs from passing to the brain
- It generates endorphin production in large quantities, which eliminate pain naturally experience by your pet
What Does Laser Therapy for Cats Treat?
Other than alleviating regular pain, laser therapy for cats is beneficial in treating a number of medical conditions. These include:
- Ulcerations and Open Wounds
- Muscle, Ligament and Tendon Injuries
- Post-Surgical and Soft Tissue Trauma
- Back Pain
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Acute and Chronic Ear Infections
What Are Some Other Health Benefits of Laser Therapy for Cats?
Some other health benefits of laser therapy for cats include:
- Improve metabolism
- Enhanced nerve performance
- Decreased fibrous tissue development
- Accelerated wound repair
- Improved tissue healing and cell regeneration
How to Know When Your Pet Might Need a Medical Checkup for Laser Therapy for Cats?
While laser therapy for cats has several benefits, it is crucial to know when your pet might need a checkup with a vet. Some of the common symptoms you must keep an eye for include:
- Reduced daily activity
- Lethargy in getting up and moving around
- Dull or undesiring of to jump and leap
- Unwilling to be caressed, flinching or crying
- Not wanting to be cuddled or picked up
- Difficulty in walking or limping
How Soon Does Laser Therapy Show Results?
Typically, a laser therapy session for cats lasts between 3-10 minutes and the results appear within a week or so. In a span of 2-3 weeks, you will notice significant improvements in your cat’s behavior, which indicate that their symptoms are fading away.
Since laser therapy for cats is a long-term treatment, it not only generates self-healing abilities but also ensures prevention of diseases and ailments in the future. While your pet will feel pain relief from this treatment, it will also enjoy a much healthier life in the future.